Although some pharma marketers may be using legal/regulatory issues as an excuse for not investing more in digital technologies, the industry as a whole is warming up to digital innovation.
The industry seems to be moving along an adoption curve that looks something like the "Gartner Hype Cycle," which has traditionally been used to understand how emerging technology is adopted. The "Pharma Digital Media Adoption Curve" illustrates how the drug industry is overcoming the regulatory hurdles to adopting emerging digital technology and especially social media.
Download the full text PDF file here:
- Technology Trigger
- FDA's 14 Letters Kill One-Click "Rule"
- Figure: L2 Digital IQ Index
- Figure: Digital Barometer 2013
- Figure: The Pharma Digital Media Adoption Curve
- Peak of Inflated Expectations
- Trough of Disillusionment
- Digital Enlightenment
- The Roche Digital Academy
- Training Employees
- Bayer HealthCare Grants4Apps™
- Johnson & Johnson's Digital Health Masterclass
- It's Good to Be the Innovator!