Thank you for visiting the Pharma Marketing Network Web site (www.pharma-mkting.com), the Leading Online Resource for Pharmaceutical Marketers.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. This notice explains our data collection practices via this and partner web sites and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us.
The following statement will help you understand:
- What personally identifiable information we collect through this Web site and partner Web sites
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
- How you can access, correct, and update your information.
John Mack, Publisher & Editor
Who is responsible for this site
Pharma Marketing Network is owned and operated by VirSci Corporation, DBA “Pharma Marketing Network.”
|Address||PO Box 760|
Our principal activities are online publishing, eMarketing, eCommerce, and business-to-business promotion within the pharmaceutical sector.
Personal information we collect
When you subscribe to Pharma Marketing News, we use your name, job title, company name, and email address to certify that you are a qualified pharmaceutical marketing professional or student and to allow us to send you the information and services you requested via email. We also send you a request by email that you verify your intent to be a subscriber (double opt-in).
We use aggregate job title and country of residence data to describe generally the makeup of the subscriber base to our advertisers. We also use this information for market analysis.
As a Pharma Marketing News subscriber, we use your name, email address, and email content format preference (HTML, text) to send you email messages, which include the monthly e-newsletter, a biweekly Conference Calendar Update, and the weekly Pharma Industry News Update.
See Disclosure of your information for how we limit third-party (e.g., advertisers) access to your personal information.
Use of IP Addresses
When you browse our Web site, your IP address is not linked to any personally identifiable information and we do NOT use this information to profile visitors.
Sometimes we use IP addresses collected during the subscription process in combination with other personal information to help us identify subscribers when they make other requests – such as opt-out requests (see below) – and there is no other way to identify who made the request.
In aggregate, data automatically provided by your browser during your visit is used to inform us which parts of this Web site are being used most frequently, and which archives, news items, policy statements, search strategies and the like, are of most interest to our visitors.
How we disclose personal information
It may be necessary to disclose to third parties some of the personal information you voluntarily supply to us in order to supply you with the services you requested. See How we use personal information for more information about this type of disclosure.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information (see How we safeguard personal information), we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that you provide us voluntarily will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
Sharing Information with Advertisers
We do NOT transfer your name, email address or other personally identifiable information about you to third party advertisers.
Sharing Information with Other Third Parties
We contract with other companies to help us provide services. We select all such companies on the basis of their ability to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they maintain for us for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us.
The following companies and organizations provide services that require the maintenance and use of your personal data:
- 1&1 Internet: We use 1&1 Internet to provide our Web hosting services. 1&1 Internet Inc. is a subsidiary of United Internet, a profitable public company with a market cap of $5 billion. 1&1 was founded in 1988 and hosts more than 10 million domain names, while more than 55,000 servers run on the company’s five state-of-the-art data centers. 1&1’s global community is over 7.7 million customer contracts strong. The company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Chesterbrook, PA. For more information, please contact the company at www.1and1.com or 1-877-461-2631.
- Survey Monkey: We use Survey Monkey (www.surveymonkey.com) to survey readers, collect service requests (eg, Rate Card requests), and collect other information from site visitors (eg, Glossary entries). Information you provide voluntarily in subscription forms, service request forms, surveys, etc. is stored on computers maintained by Survey Monkey until we delete the information on their servers. If you have questions about Survey Monkey’s data protection policies, please visit their Web site at www.surveymonkey.com.
- MailerLite: We use Mailerlite to deliver our newsletter executive summary, Conference Calendar Update, and Pharma Industry News Update to subscribers of Pharma Marketing News. This service maintains a copy of our subscriber list on their servers. This copy contains your name, email address, email format preferences, and other information you may have supplied when subscribing. MailerLite has a no tolerance Anti-spam Policy and does NOT allow us to send email messages to subscribers on behalf of third-party advertisers. Every email generated from MailerLite contains an unsubscribe link which allows Pharma Marketing News subscribers to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates our subscriber list to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to subscribers who have unsubscribed. If you have questions about MailerLite’s data protection policies, please visit their Web site at www.constantcontact.com.
Sale of Information
The current policy of Pharma Marketing Network is not to sell personally-identifiable member or subscriber information to third parties. However, in the event that Pharma Marketing Network goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, subscriber personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. If that should happen, we anticipate that you will retain the ability to opt-out as described below.
Disclosures Required by Law
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
How we safeguard personal information
While we make every effort to protect your privacy, there are situations where it is possible for you to reveal your personal information unintentionally.
We do NOT reveal the names and email addresses of Pharma Marketing Newssubscribers to the general public or to other users or subscribers.
Your privacy choices.
In this section, we describe what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information you supply us voluntarily.
As a Pharma Marketing News subscriber, you may opt-out from receiving emails at any time.
Every email message sent to Pharma Marketing News subscribers contains an unsubscribe link (see image below) which allows the subscriber to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates our subscriber list to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to people who have unsubscribed. When you unsubscribe, your email address in placed in a “do not mail” list maintained by our email service provider. We do not have access to this list and cannot modify it or delete email addresses from it. Consequently, once you have unsubscribed, you cannot subscribe again using the same email address.
You will always have the opportunity to opt-out whether your personal information is to be used for a purpose that is different from the purpose originally intended or authorized (see above).
Updating your personal information
Your options for updating the personal information that you have provided us are:
- remove your personal information from active subscription lists we maintain,
- update your personal information, and
- change your preferences with respect to your subscription.
If you wish to unsubscribe from Pharma Marketing News, please click the unsubscribe button located at the end of EVERY email you receive (see Your privacy choices). You can also send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us Form.
Recent Substantial Changes to This Document
1 October 2016
- We no longer send email messages to subscribers on behalf of third-party advertisers. This policy was amended to reflect that change, including information about a new email service provider.
4 July 2014
- We no longer maintain Pharma Marketing Forum. Consequently, this document was modified to remove all mention of the forum and registering as a member of the forum. Consequently, we do not require a separate member application and do not collect information via Forum membership forms.
27 December 2013
- We no longer employ the services of E-Junkie and Paypal to process payments for and delivery of newsletter reprints. This means we do not share any personal information with these third-party service providers.
26 November 2011
- For Forum membership, we changed how we use email addresses from “You will NOT receive any commercial messages (ads) via email if you register as a Forum member.” to “You may also receive occasional commercial messages (ads) via email if you register as a Forum member.” See How we use personal information.
- For newsletter subscriptions, we deleted: “Sometimes we use IP addresses collected during the subscription process in combination with other personal information to help us identify subscribers when they make other requests – such as opt-out requests (see below) – and there is no other way to identify who made the request.” Your IP address is NOT collected when you subscribe to Pharma Marketing News. See How we disclose personal information.
- For newsletter subscriptions, we added: “We provide advertisers with “aggregate” data relating to email ads we send to subscribers on their behalf. These data include number of email messages opened and the number of clicks on specific links within the email ad. We may also breakout these data according to categories of subscribers, such as subscribers who say they are employed by a pharmaceutical company. No personally-identified subscriber information is shared with third parties. See How we disclose personal information.
- For “Sharing Information with Other Third Parties,” we added: E-Junkie and PayPal. See How we disclose personal information.
- For “Opt-Out,” we added “When you unsubscribe, your email address in placed in a “do not mail” list maintained by our email service provider. We do not have access to this list and cannot modify it or delete email addresses from it. Consequently, once you have unsubscribed, you cannot subscribe again using the same email address.” See Your privacy choices.
The foregoing policy statement is effective 4 July 2014.
If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we will post those changes here and we will email a notice to subscribers/members when substantial changes are made.
Please check here for updates.