Vol. 9, Issue No. 6: SUMMER 2010 – EXECUTIVE SUMMARYThe iPad as a Pharma Marketing Platform Is It a Game-Changer for Consumer & Physician Access?
Can the pharmaceutical industry make money from the iPad? Or, rather, can pharma marketers use the iPad in their campaigns to help improve sales, physician education, and disease awareness?
There are three areas in which the pharmaceutical industry might consider using the iPad:
- Detailing (ie, use by sales force)
- HCP marketing/communications
- Consumer marketing
This article summarizes how the iPad is currently being used by the pharmaceutical industry, how it is being adopted by physicians, and what the roadblocks are to using it for eDetailing.
- iPad – What’s It Good For?
- The iPad as a Pharma Marketing Platform
- More Consumer Apps
- Opening Doors to Physicians
- iPad for eDetailing
- DrChrono.com Featured on Pharma Marketing Talk Radio
- Is It Just Another Tablet Device?
- Does No Flash Mean No eDetailing?
- iAds for Pharma?
- Is Pharma Blocking or Supporting iPad Use by Sales Reps?
Many Physicians Plan to Buy It
Social Media Leaders Wanted The Pharmaguy Social Media Pioneer Award
The first part of this article is a post by Corey Mull of the Marketing Leadership Council (MLC), which is a membership organization for senior marketers at the world’s leading companies. The Council provides quantitative and case-based best practice research and tools to help marketing leaders and their teams solve immediate business challenges. Mull reviews the results of Pharma Marketing News’ “What’s Your Social Media Implementation Plan?”
The addendum to this article is the announcement of the Pharmaguy Social Media Pioneer Award, which recognizes excellence in social media marketing leadership. Candidates for this prestigious award must work or have worked within an FDA-regulated pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech company when he or she pioneered in social media marketing or non-branded communications or was an advocate for such. The Pharmaguy Social Media Pioneer Award is sponsored by ExL Pharma and the 4th Annual Digital Pharma East Conference. Winners will be announced at the conference in October, 2010.
Topics and charts include:
- Tools vs. Behaviors
- Figure 1: What’s Your Social Media Implementation Plan?
- Figure 2: Extent of CMO Involvement in Social Media Efforts
- An Award for Pioneers
- What’s With the Hawaiian Shirt?
- Who Determines Who Wins an Award?
- Teamwork Deserves an Award Too!
- Sponsored by ExL’s Digital Pharma East
- List of Nominees
Qualifications for Nomination
Download PDF file The Pharmaguy Next Door U.S. Pharma Blogger John Mack Talks about Social Media in Pharma Marketing
This article is an edited Google translation from the German of an article published in the publication Pharma Relations.
John Mack, a.k.a. pharmaguy on Twitter, answers questions about his background and provides his opinions on how pharmaceutical companies will use social media in the future.
- The history of Pharma Marketing Network
- How to create a vibrant online community
- The role of frogs in pharmaguy’s history
- The difference between EU and US markets with regard to use of social media
- How social media can change how patients and physicians interact
- New Google drug search format and its impact on paid search
- Wise men, relics, and pharma social media
- One Pharma Company’s Social Media Policy