Merck Rejiggers Its Marketing Mix Will Other Pharma Companies Follow?
Adam Schechter, President of Merck US Human Health, made this statement not long ago at a Goldman Sachs healthcare conference: “Industry must embrace new ways of engaging physicians on their terms.”
Clearly, physicians are not embracing pharma on THEIR terms. Schechter laid out some details of Merck’s 2007-2010 goals.
Topics and issues covered include:
- Spend More, Get Less
- Merck to Slash Field Force?
- Consumer Media Consumption Habits vs. Media Spend (Google chart)
- Customer Focus Means More Technology
- Engaging Customers on Their Terms
- Impact vs. Risk Analysis of Physician Marketing Channels (chart)
- Rules of Engagement – A definition and case study involving AZ
Read this article now. It’s FREE…
Issue: Vol. 6, No. 7: August 2007
Word Count: 1514
- eMarketing & ePromotion
- Physician Marketing & Promotion
- Sales Force Effectiveness
- Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Marketing & Planning