The State of CME in Europe A Work in ProgressClick Here for Additional Resources
A conversation with Eugene Pozniak, Managing Director of Siyemi Learning, an independent, UK based provider of CME products and related services. Mr. Pozniak will evaluate the current status and value of CME in Europe, and how it is likely to develop, and what the opportunities and challenges for the future are.
Aired LIVE on:
You may also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the audio podcast.
This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).
Continuing Medical Education (CME) in Europe has undergone some major shifts in recent years. These have varied across Europe: from national changes in which systems have moved from being voluntary to mandatory, to the establishment of more formal systems to guide physicians on how to keep up-to-date with latest clinical practice. While for some, CME has become clear and straightforward, for the majority, European CME still remains a cacophony of disparate rules shrouded in mysterious regulations.Click Here for Additional Resources
Eugene Pozniak is Managing Director of Siyemi Learning. He has worked in the medical sector for 20 years and has been working full time in the European CME environment since 2000. He set up Siyemi Learning in 2006 as an independent provider of CME products and related services, assisting medical societies, the healthcare industry and their agencies with national and international CME and Independent Education projects.
Some Questions/Topics Discussed
- Define what people mean by CME in Europe? In what countries is CME mandatory?
- Is there anything in Europe akin to ACCME, which accredits CME in the US? If so, what organizations are taking on the role of accrediting bodies in different countries in Europe and across Europe as a whole?
- How do pharmaceutical companies support CME in Europe? Do they provide direct grants to medical communications companies (MECCs)? Or is it only to medical societies, hospitals, etc.?
- Are there any ethical guidelines from the industry in Europe regarding pharma sponsorship of CME?
- Is there more use of online CME in Europe than in the US?