Taking the Pulse® Asia Asian Physicians and Emerging Information TechnologiesClick Here for Additional Resources
Guest Mark Bard, President Manhattan Research, in an EXCLUSIVE interview, informs listeners about the latest pharma marketing trends and emerging information technologies in Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia, why this knowledge is critical to pharma companies, and how it fits into a global strategy.
- Guest: Mark Bard, President Manhattan Research
- Live Streaming Audio Date:
Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 2 PM Eastern US time.
An audio podcast archive is available after the show here and can be downloaded in MP3 format as well:
Aired LIVE on:
You may also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the audio podcast.
This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).Background
Taking the Pulse® Asia: Asian Physicians and Emerging Information Technologies, is a syndicated multi-client study and advisory service focusing on technology adoption and integration trends in physician practices across Asia. As the only annual research study of its kind, Taking the Pulse® Asia aims to provide healthcare and pharmaceutical marketers with the key behavioral, attitudinal and demographic data needed to reach and influence the Asian physician market through the Internet and other technology. The service is part of Manhattan Research’s overall insight into global digital trends and focuses on physicians across Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia. Key topics include the Internet, email communication, PDAs/smartphones, electronic medical records, web-based sampling, practice websites, and more.Questions/Topics To Be Discussed
- Given we are talking about the Internet, which by definition is a global technology, are there really differences on a global basis when looking at physicians?
- Do you see pharma companies planning their digital strategy on a global basis?
- What is the most surprising thing you learned in the Asia study?
- Did you dispel any client myths? Confirm any client beliefs about markets?
- What global pharma companies “get it” with regard to pulling together a global digital marketing strategy today?
- How much of a challenge is it given the Internet is global yet legal and regulatory is market by market — and in some cases brand by brand?
- Peer into the future, ten years, how does the global online picture for physicians change and evolve?
Mark Bard is the President of Manhattan Research, a healthcare market research and services firm based in New York City. Prior to founding Manhattan Research, Mr. Bard was the Group Director of the Health Practice at Cyber Dialogue as well as a strategy consultant focused on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. His professional experience includes time with the managed care and business development division of GlaxoSmithKline. Mr. Bard is a nationally recognized health industry expert on topics including online health, information technology trends, pharmaceutical marketing, and disease management. He is the author of numerous articles and book chapters about health administration, health software, and the Internet’s impact on health. He is regularly quoted in leading publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, USA Today, NY Times, and The Boston Globe.