Fear & Loathing in Washington, DC Takeaways from the FDA Public HearingClick Here for Additional Resources
Speakers, attendees and ePharma Pioneer Club members discuss the key takeaways of FDA’s November 12-13 public hearing on the use of social media by the pharmaceutical industry. What key points were made? What questions were asked by FDA? What are the next steps?
Aired LIVE on:
You may also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the audio podcast.
This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).Background
On Monday, September 21, 2009, FDA submitted a notice to the Federal Register calling for a public hearing on the Promotion of Food and Drug Administration-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools: Docket No. FDA-2009-N-0441, CDER 200994. Promotion of Food and Drug Administration-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing (Notice of public hearing; request for comments). [OFR PRE-PUB: PDF of notice] Public Hearing on November 12, 2009 And November 13, 2009 Comments due February 28, 2010.
Over 60 people will be making presentations at this hearing, including many members of the ePharma Pioneer Club.Questions/Topics To Be Discussed
- What are the main takeaways from this hearing?
- Do you believe all the necessary stakeholders were represented at the hearing?
- Were you able to interpret FDA’s point of view on the issues raised?
- What are the next steps?
- Do you think FDA will issue guidance? If so, when do you expect that to happen?
Pharma Marketing Network’s ePharma Pioneer Club™ is an EXCLUSIVE, members-only Facebook Group and Twitter List through which pharmaceutical eMarketing experts “meet” to discuss and exchange views on how to advance the use of the Internet and other technologies in pharmaceutical marketing, sales, and communications.
Find more info about the Club and how to join here.
- FDA Public Hearing: Not Deja Vu All Over Again?
- Industry Groups will Eat Consumer Advocates’ Lunch at FDA Social Media Public Hearing
- Fear and Loathing in Washington, DC