Mixing Blogging and Business: An Interview with Fard Johnmar
Click Here for Additional Resources
A conversation with Fard Johnmar, founder of Envision Solutions, a healthcare marketing communications consultancy, and creator of the HealthcareVOX blog.
Aired LIVE on:
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 Listen to internet radio with Pharmaguy on Blog Talk Radio
You may also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the audio podcast.
This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).
Fard Johnmar, the author of HealthcareVox, says his blog is focused on the wide, wide world of healthcare marketing communications. “By reading this blog,” Fard says, “you’ll get the skinny on breaking healthcare news (sometimes we’ll be the first to report something), health policy, healthcare marketing, communications and other topics.”
Fard also founded Envision Solutions, LLC, a healthcare marketing communications consultancy, which has its own official corporate blog. Part of Fard’s consulting practice concerns media relations and managing crises.
Fard Johnmar, M.A., founder of Envision Solutions, has extensive experience in the healthcare marketing communications arena. He has developed and implemented programs for numerous major global and domestic pharmaceutical companies, nonprofits, medical associations and government organizations. Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Novartis Pharmaceuticals and the International Society on Hypertension in Blacks are just a few of the organizations he has completed engagements with.
Mr. Johnmar has special expertise in cardiovascular disease, mental health, infectious disease, oncology, public health and health policy.
Mr. Johnmar holds a Master of Arts degree from New York University’s well-regarded Gallatin School of Individualized Study in communications and health policy. He completed his undergraduate degree at Amherst College where he earned a B.A. in jazz ethnomusicology with additional concentrations in pre-medical studies and political science.
Mr. Johnmar writes regularly on healthcare marketing, policy and related subjects for Know More Media (KMM), a leading global business blogging network and other publications.
His blog on KMM is titled HealthCareVox.
Some Questions/Topics Discussed
- What were your motivations for starting HealthCareVox?
- Your blog is part of the Know More Media network. Can you tell us more about that and why you chose to be part of that network rather than an independent blogger?
- How do you decide what topics to write about?
- How does HealthcareVox help you in your consulting practice and vice versa? Does your consulting practice influence your decision about blog topics? For example, I notice you are currently doing a series on the Biotech industry. Do you currently consult with some of the companies you write about?
- What are your favorite blogs in the healthcare space and why?