Accomplishing Adherence Chase Compliance, Pursue Persistence
Lack of adherence — the combined effect of compliance and persistence — is a big problem for the pharmaceutical industry. James Chase, editor-in-chief of MM&M, once wrote “To say that tackling patient compliance and persistence poses a challenge to the pharmaceutical industry is like calling Tiger Woods a competent golfer or describing Katrina as a particularly bad storm. It is a gross understatement.”
This article reviews presentations made at the recent eyeforpharma Patient Adherence and Persistence Summit including a presentation by David Baker, VP & General Manager of Shire’s ADHD Business Unit, who presented on “Best Practices for Fostering Adherence.” He used the ADHD market as a case study.
Topics and issues covered include:
- Adherence in the ADHD Market
- Do Your Research
- WHO’s Adherence Take Home Messages
- Shire’s Solution
- Patient Compliance: The Problem with Today’s Solutions
- Reward Them — Intermittently — and They Shall Adhere!
- Rewards = Behavior Change
- MedSignals® Communicating Pillbox
Read this article now. It’s FREE…
Issue: Vol. 6, No. 10: November/December 2007
Word Count: 2710