Vol. 11, Issue No. 10: 15 NOVEMBER 2012 – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Welcome to Volume 11, Issue No. 10 (15 November 2012) of Pharma Marketing News. Thank you for visiting. See the featured article summaries below.
I invite you to become a subscriber and get the next issue FREE!
John Mack, Publisher & Editor
@pharmaguy How is the iPad an Effective Delivery Platform for Medical Sales Professionals? MD Mindset Benchmarks & Tracks the Impact of iPad Use on Messaging Effectiveness & Delivery
There’s no denying that the iPad dominates the tablet computer market. Over 84 million iPads have been sold prior to the introduction of the iPad Mini. In a recent survey, MD Mindset®, a leading life sciences marketing intelligence firm, founded by doctors and marketing professionals, found that 51% of doctors own and use an iPad. Even more incredible, over 90% of doctors aged 23-32 own an iPad, and many medical schools are issuing iPads to new students on day one!
How is the iPad a proven effective sales message delivery platform? What impact does it have on a doctor’s clinical and prescribing decision-making process? These are questions that MD Mindset’s proprietary iSFE Tracker™ methodology is designed to answer.
This article presents some key findings of an MD Snapshot™ study performed by MD Mindset that benchmarked and tracked the impact of iPad use on sales rep messaging effectiveness and delivery.
- iSFE Tracker™ Case Study
- Impact of the iPad on Messaging
- Supporting Data at Rep’s Fingertips
- ROI Beats MLR Hassles
Download full article (PDF) Mobile Optimization Offers Better ROI Than Mobile Apps Best Practices for Beefing Up Pharma Brand Website
Although more U.S. consumers are accessing health information via smartphones, developing health apps may not offer pharma a good return on investment. A better option would be to optimize web sites for mobile. This article reviews PEW’s health app data and presents data and best practices from Google that supports this this conclusion.
- Table: Who Uses Health Apps?
- Chart: Google Looks at Users’ Mobile Expectations
- Google’s GoMo Initiative
- 10 things pharma can do to enhance the online brand experience
- Podcast: Mobilizing Your Digital Assets
Read the full article here:
http://www.pharma-mkting.com/articles/pmn1110-article02/ The Future of Pharma Marketing is Mobile, Unless… …FDA’s “Enforcement Discretion” Remains Unclear
You don’t need a crystal ball to know that the future of media is mobile. While pharmaceutical companies may not yet be advertising on mobile devices as they do on TV, websites, and magazines, they are developing health apps that run on Droid smartphones, iPhones and iPads. Many observers feel that the pharma industry lags behind other industries as far as having a mobile strategy is concerned. One of the factors that may be holding back pharma in its pursuit of a mobile strategy is the loomimg sepecter of FDA regulations.
- Chart: Overall Strategy of Pharma Mobile Compared to Other Industries
- Video: Pharmaguy’s POV Regarding Regulation of Pharma Mobile Medical Apps
- What Is and Is Not an “MMA”?
- Chart: FDA’s Mobile medical apps Proposed Scope for Oversight
- Comments from Industry Submitted to FDA
- Risk of “Squashing” the Startup Mobile Medical Industry
- Focus Should Be Solely on Apps that Involve Significant Risk to Patients
- Who’s Responsible for Recalls?
- Mobile Apps Based on Websites
- Clarify the Scope of FDA’s “Enforcement Discretion”
Read the full article here: