The Pozen Digital Advisory Board: Who, What, Why? A conversation with Elizabeth A. Cermak, EVP, and Chief Commercial Officerat Pozen, Raj Amin, CEO and Co-Founder of HealthiNation, and Bonin Bough, Senior Global Director of Digital and Social Media, PepsiCo (see bios), about the who, what, why behind the Pozen Digital Advisory Board, an esteemed group of digital thought-leaders both in and outside of healthcare.
Aired LIVE on:
You may also visit this Pharma Marketing Talk Segment Page to listen to the audio podcast.
This show and ALL Pharma Marketing Talk shows are available as podcasts via PMT on iTunes (FREE!).Background
“The pharmaceutical industry has only begun to scratch the surface of employing digitally-based commercialization approaches. As POZEN moves forward to commercialize its PA pipeline, our goal in collaborating with these advisors is to look beyond the industry to identify untapped digital strategies that will help us deliver an affordable and accessible product to our customers,” said Liz Cermak, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer of POZEN.
“POZEN feels privileged to be working with such accomplished and forward-looking individuals whose expertise and insights will help to shape our plans that will ultimately solidify our position as innovators.”
The POZEN Digital Advisory Board is comprised of leaders in technology, social media and digital marketing, bringing expertise and insights from a wide range of industries to POZEN. Any views or opinions expressed by the advisors as part of the Digital Advisory Board are their own and not those of their employers.
The POZEN Digital Advisory Board includes:
- Raj Amin, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, HealthiNation; previously Vice President of Business Development, N2 Broadband
- Bonin Bough, Director of Digital and Social Media, PepsiCo; previously Director of Global Interactive, Social and Emerging Media Practice, Weber Shandwick
- Marc Monseau, Founder and Principal, MDM Communication, LLC; previously Director of Corporate Communication and Social Media, Johnson & Johnson
- Daniel Palestrant, M.D., Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Sermo; previously Founder, Azygos, Inc.
- Meredith Ressi, President, Manhattan Research; previously Chief Operating Officer, Integrated Wellness Solutions
- Why did Pozen establish a formal Digital Advisory Board (DAB)? Is it a long-term commitment?
- What exactly is the role of the DAB? It has already participated in a media roundtable. What’s planned for the future?
- What does Pozen hope to learn from the DAB and apply what it has learned to its digital marketing initiatives? Will DAB member companies also consult with Pozen to work on these initiatives?
- Would Pozen recommend that other pharma companies establish their own digital advisory boards?
- What in your opinion is Pozen doing right when it comes to better understanding the digital landscape?
- Why are you involved in the DAB? What knowledge/experience in your industries do you bring to the table?
- With regard to the digital landscape, what are you most excited about?
Prior to joining Pozen, Elizabeth A. Cermak was Worldwide Vice President for Johnson & Johnson and served in a variety of senior leadership roles across the pharmaceutical, consumer products and health management businesses. She has spent over 25 years in the healthcare industry and has led a number of Marketing and Sales organizations, most notably the $1.0B Women’s Health business at Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Ms. Cermak holds an MBA in Finance from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, and a BA Cum Laude in Accounting and Spanish from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA.
Raj Amin co-founded HealthiNation to create a better way for people to learn about health and lifestyle topics through high-quality video. Mr. Amin has worked at the intersection of video and new consumer media platforms for over 15 years. As the son of two physicians, Mr. Amin has seen that consumerism has been missing from the world of medicine for a long time. Amin received concurrent bachelor’s degrees from the University of Pennsylvania’s Jerome Fisher Management and Technology Program through the Wharton School of Business and the Moore School of Engineering and Applied Science.
Bonin Bough oversees digital strategy and the implementation of social media tools and techniques across PepsiCo. He has more than 10 years of digital marketing experience, ranging from digital strategic planning and project execution to leading and building global practices. Bough also has a deep interest and experience with community building, social media, social video and digital marketing.
- The full video of Pozen’s Digital Advisory Board Media Roundtable (from September 16th) can be viewed here: http://www.vimeo.com/29375419 (the password is pozen)