2016 New Year’s Resolutions for Pharma How to Be Less Like Martin Shkreli
On the one hand, 2015 was a very good year for the pharmaceutical industry and pharma marketers. On the other hand, the media and politicians have found a face for evil pharma and rising drug prices: Martin Shkreli!
2016 is an election year and therefore it’s important that pharma has appropriate New Year’s Resolutions to counteract the bad press it’s likely to receive.
These are my New Year’s Resolutions for the drug industry and especially pharmaceutical marketers.
- Put More Actionable Distance Between You and Martin Shkreli
- Cut Down on the Use of Buzzwords
- Get Rid of Those Silly Drug Ad “Mascots!”
- Stop Inventing Phony “Real Medical Conditions” like Binge Eating Disorder (B.E.D.)
- Be More (a Lot More) Transparent
- Increase the Quality (Not Quantity) of mHealth Apps
- Invite Pharmaguy Into Your Tent
Download the full article (PDF file) here:
Issue: Vol. 15, No. 1: January 2016
- Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Advertising & Marketing
- eMarketing and ePromotion
- Regulatory Compliance
- Strategic Marketing & Planning