2nd Annual Drug Repurposing and Repositioning
Build on Existing Compounds and Drugs for New Indications or Improved Products
January 30 – 31, 2006 * Philadelphia, PA
Visit the conference website for more information and to register.
The pipeline for the drug industry is filled with drugs that fail to emerge as products despite the millions spent on them. Repurposing or repositioning existing drugs can add value by accelerating drug development while reducing risk and lowering investment costs. The idea is to take advantage of existing information and choose known compounds for further development. Drug repurposing and repositioning can be accomplished by adding new indications, modifying compounds and changing and improving formulation and/or delivery.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Identify suitable compounds and opportunities for repurposing
- Secondary patent opportunities
- Business of repurposing and repositioning
- Technology facilitating repurposing
Distinguished speakers include the following:
- Louis Tartaglia, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Gene Logic
- Chizuko Koseki, Vice President, Drug Reprofiling Platform Unit, Sosei Co. Ltd.
- Herwig von Morze, International Patent Consultant, formerly Heller Ehrman LLP
- Glynn Wilson, Chairman and President, Auriga Laboratories, Inc.
Pre-Conference Workshop on 505(b)(2) led by:
- Karin Kook, Managing Director, Salamandra LLC
- James Czaban, Shareholder, Heller Ehrman LLP
For more information or to register, please contact the Center for Business Intelligence toll free by phone at 1-800-817-8601 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the conference website.