The Evolving Impact of Anti-Spam Legislation on Online Marketers How Does the Law Apply to Pharma?
In the last year the FTC has issued regulations that set forth additional requirements under the federal CAN-SPAM act that you should be aware of. Hilary M. Wandall, Esq., CIPP, Director, Corporate Legal/Merck Privacy Office, Merck & Co., Inc., summarized these regulations in a recent ePharma Summit presentation in Atlantic City, NJ.
Topics covered include:
- Does The Law Apply to You?
- Public Perception of Commercial Email
- State Laws
- FTC CAN-SPAM Proposed Rules
- Important Definitions
- Transactional or Relationship Email Messages
- Affirmative Consent
- Does CAN-SPAM apply to “tell-a-friend”?
- Communications Compliance Checklist
Read this article now. It’s FREE…
Issue: Vol. 4, No. 8: September 2005
Word Count: 2894
Find other articles in related Topic Areas: