Boehringer Ingelheim Receives the 2014 PharmaGuy™ Social Media Pioneer Award Global Social Media Team Tweet Chats, Engages, & Tells All
On October 21, 2014, at the Digital Pharma East Mobile Day event, PharmaGuy officially announced the recipients of the 5th Annual PharmaGuy Social Media Pioneer Award, which recognizes a pharmaceutical executive or team who has “pioneered” in the use of social media for marketing, research, or corporate communications purposes. This year’s award went to the Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) Global Social Media Team, which includes Patricia Alves, Social Media Community Manager, Jaclyn Fonteyne, Social Media Specialist, and their boss, Judith von Gordon, Head of Media + PR.
This article summarizes the social media accomplishments — despite bumps in along the way — that earned BI this coveted award.
Topics include (partial list):
- PharmaGuy Explains the Hawaiian Shirt
- Some TweetChat Tips from BI
- Using Social Media to Support Patients
- Vine Too!
- A Bump in the Road
- Honorable Mention: Thibaud Guymard, MSD France
- What’s Next
Download the full text PDF file here:
Issue: Vol. 13, No. 9: October 2014
- eMarketing and ePromotion
- Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Advertising & Marketing
- Physician Education (CME)
- Patient Education