SiCKO is Boffo but Not Anti-Pharmaco Per Se A Review
While the pharmaceutical industry is part of Michael Moore’s — and many other people’s — “Axis of Evil” consisting of pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and insurance companies, he does cut the industry some slack in his new movie “SiCKO,” which I saw recently at a special screening in New York City. Pharma is merely a “necessary evil,” whereas insurance companies are just not necessary at all — at least the for-profit insurance industry.
This review of SiCKO is the first by a pharma blogger and editor who has actually seen the movie first hand! It includes points of view from other bloggers and readers of Pharma Marketing Blog.
Topics and issues covered include:
- Focus is on Health Insurers
- Lobbyists Also Get No Popcorn at Their Screening of SiCKO
- Main Message: Remove Profits from Insurance
- Counter Arguments
- Christiane Truelove: Maybe SiCKO isn’t so sick
- Is This Socialism?
- After Seeing SiCKO Oprah Calls for Town Hall Meeting
- Did PhRMA Send a SiCKO Spy to Cannes?
- Moore’s Grassroots YouTube Initiative
- What Pharma Can Learn from Moore
- Blog Comments
Read this article now. It’s FREE…
Issue: Vol. 6, No. 6: June 2007
Word Count: 3988