Medical Device Marketing Worlds Apart from Rx Drug Marketing
Medical device marketing is different than Rx drug marketing, which is something attendees of the recent PharmaMed Marketing & Media Conference hosted by Med Ad News learned. At that conference, Jill Serbousek, VP Business & Marketing Strategy at Medtronic, presented a case study of a marketing campaign for the Prestige Cervical Disc.
This article summarizes that presentation to demonstrate how medical device marketing to consumers and physicians is different than in the Rx drug world.
While some device marketing campaigns take a page from the Rx arena, there are difficulties and roadblocks ahead and these are also summarized in this article.
Topic headings include:
- Device Marketing ROI
- Big Pharma Shift
- Insert: Drugmakers Urged by UK to Lower Prices
- Anti Device DTC Sentiment on the Rise
- AAOS Survey of Orthopaedic Surgeons Regarding Device DTC Advertising
- Which Agency Regulates What?
- Consumers Union Recommendations
- Device DTC: Imagine How Far It Will Go!
- Innovative Online Device Marketing
Read this article now. It’s FREE…
Issue: Vol. 7, No. 8: October 2008
Word Count: 3486