The “Un Trade Publication!”
You’ve probably heard of the “Unconference,” which differs from standard conferences in that the audience participates in a dialogue with experts rather than experts lecturing to a passive audience. Well, that’s how Pharma Marketing News interacts with its subscribers. Many of the articles are based upon comments received from subscribers via surveys, podcast interviews, the Forums, and Pharma Marketing Blog. The newsletter is truly the voice of a NETWORK of professionals!
Subscribe today and become a MEMBER!
My Humble Opinion
Other People’s Opinion
A “Must Read” Blog for Insiders. — Wall Street JournalA bi-weekly podcast. Listen and call-in live online or download to your iPod! Articles In the Current Issue of Pharma Marketing NewsContents of the April 15, 2011 issue of Pharma Marketing News.
Subscribe Now and get this and FUTURE issues delivered FREE by e-mail!
Subscribers also get DISCOUNTS ON SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTS! Subscribe to the Pharma Marketing News Feed. Access article summaries and order reprints automatically via your RSS reader (e.g., RSSReader). No e-mail hassles, no sign-up necessary.Stay current with Pharma Marketing News on your personal My Yahoo! page.
- The Changing Role of Pharma Sales Reps
- Pharma companies need to drive maximum value out of products and they can’t do that with a ‘one-size-fits-all’ cookie-cutter approach to deploying field forces. Brand managers will look to outsourced providers to take advantage of the expertise these providers can bring to the table. This article is a summary of an interview of Nancy Lurker, CEO of PDI, Inc., which provides promotional outsourced services to healthcare companies. Read more…
- SURVEY: Use of Twitter by Pharma Company Employees
- More and more pharmaceutical company employees are using Twitter. Many are using personal Twitter accounts and some also are responsible for corporate Twitter accounts. These employees can be influential ambassadors among the public and have an opportunity — maybe even a responsibility — to help improve the company’s reputation. Please complete this survey and indicate which Pharmaguy Twitter Pioneers you follow and to provide your opinions about the use of Twitter by the drug industry and by employees of the industry: Read more…
- Mining Mobile Health App User Data
- A conversation with Jacqueline Thong, co-founder and CEO of Ubiqi Health, about disease management mobile applications and how pharma marketers can leverage mobile health apps to engage with and learn from patients. Podcast: Read more…
- Ad Dollars Follow Eyeballs to Web
- Internet advertising revenue in the United States totaled $26.0 billion for the full year of 2010, whereas ad revenue earned by newspapers was $22.8 billion, according to a PwC/IAB report. For more data & charts from this report, including a “guesstimate” for how much pharma spends on Web advertising, see: Read more…
- Phil Mickelson is Now Regulated by FDA
- Recall that last summer Phil Mickelson was quoted in the press as saying he was treating his Psoriatic Arthritis with ENBREL. He was also quoted as saying: “I have no aches and pains. My back feels great. I feel stronger and more flexible than I’ve ever been.” Now that he is featured in ENBREL TV ads, his commercial speech is regulated by the FDA. What is he allowed to say now about his treatment? For the answer, see: Read more…
- Brits Beat FDA & PhRMA: Issue Social Media Guidance for Pharma
- The Brits have won the race to issue social media guidance for the drug industry! The Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority (PMCPA), which oversees the self-regulatory code of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), just published “informal guidance” providing the drug industry advice on how to use online communications. Learn more about these guidelines here: Read more…
Subscribe Now and Get the Entire Issue Delivered FREE by e-mail!