2nd Annual Patient Compliance, Persistency and Disease Management
September 19 – 20, 2005 * Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visit the conference website for more information and to register.
According to Len Starnes, Head of European e-Business at Schering Plough Germany,pharmaceutical manufacturers should focus more on showing all stakeholders – patients, advocacy groups, doctors, public healthcare systems and pharmacists – that the industry has an important role to play in improving non-compliance and disease management.
CBI’s 2nd Annual conference provides insights into the economic implications of poor disease management and patient non-compliance. This program provides pharmaceutical executives with insight on how to measure ROI and garner the support of Physicians, Nurses, Patients, Pharmacists and KOLs in their efforts to tackle non-compliance. Attend this conference and learn how to prevent losses in revenue from un-filled prescriptions and refills.
This conference provides in-depth industry presentations from Abbott, Baxter Bioscience, Novartis and Pfizer. Hear key discussions on:
- How to transition from “education” to “behavior change” for a more empowered patient
- Strategies for driving changes in the mindset of marketing, sales and IT to gain acceptance of compliance initiatives
- Improving compliance results through elevated patient segmentation techniques
- Estimating and achieving projected revenues by incorporating patient data into the forecasting model
- Utilizing patient monitoring devices to evaluate program effectiveness and measure ROI
Hear what some of our previous attendees had to say:
“I always come away with insights that I can apply to my work and increase both consumer/patient experience and competitive advantage.”
— Vincent DiFabritus, Senior Design Manager, Procter & Gamble
“A program that brings together the many tools, services and products that pharma can choose to address and improve medication adherence with their brand.”
— Bill Sharpless, Manager, Compliance Packaging,Honeywell