- DATE/TIME: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 * 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- LOCATION: Princeton Marriott Hotel and Conference Center at Forrestal, 100 College Road East, Princeton, NJ, 08540, (609) 452-7800
- REGISTRATION FEE:
- Standard Registration: $115.00 per person
AFTER MAY 30, 2008: $130.00 per person ($150.00 at the door, if seating is available) Register Now!
See Agenda below for details
Executive Vice President, Sales and Customer Solutions at ReachMD
Associate Director, eMarketing & Relationship Marketing at Novo Nordisk Inc.
Publisher of Pharma Marketing News
Director of Corporate Communications, Johnson & Johnson
Vice President of Corporate Communications, Centocor, Inc.
Call for Speakers
- 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Sign in. Freely mingle to meet and network with colleagues. Beverages. Cash bar.
- 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM: Buffet service and sit down to dinner
- 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM: Presentations
Welcome Address Speaker: John Mack (bio), Publisher of Pharma Marketing News and creator of Pharma Marketing Blog — a blog “insiders read to stay current” (WSJ). Title: “Introducing Pharma Marketing Forums: Lurk, Learn, Network!”
How to join, receive updates by email, communicate with other members, participate in special ‘members-only’ forums, and take advantage of this Web 2.0 site to advance your business. Keynote Presentation Speakers:
Marc Monseau (video bio), Director of Corporate Communications, Johnson & Johnson and chief blogger/editor at JNJBTW. Marc joined one of Johnson & Johnsons operating companies more than a decade ago after a stint at Bloomberg Business News where he worked as a reporter.
Michael Parks (bio), Vice President of Corporate Communications at Centocor, Inc. and chief blogger/editor at CNTO411. As chief communications officer and management board member of Centocor, Michael leads the companys public relations, organization communications, and corporate reputation management efforts.
Title: Blogging: A Giant Leap for Pharma!
Marc and Michael (M&M) will focus on their experience as the first pharmaceutical executives to embrace Web 2.0 technology.
For any vendor wishing to work with pharmaceutical companies on new media marketing initiatives it behooves them to understand how Monseau and Parks worked to prepare their companies to take steps towards closer engagement with customers – first with corporate and then on to the more sensitive area of product-related posts.
M&M are sure to offer their suggestions for what the industry’s next steps might be in this area and what the hurdles are. They will also list the vendor attributes they think are important for success.
Featured Presentation Speaker:
Paul Boidy (bio), Executive Vice President, Sales and Customer Solutions at ReachMD. Prior to joining ReachMD, Mr. Boidy was director of neuroscience marketing for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America.
Title: Marketing to the “Long Tail Physician” Segment
For many brands 50% of the total market for prescriptions come from prescribers OUTSIDE of the highly targeted top 20%. With new and yet to be developed communications and education platforms marketers will be able to cost-effectively reach a significant portion of the other 80%. That would be good for everyone.
In this presentation, Boidy gives you a “former insider’s” point of view on this topic and presents an overview of ReachMD’s ability to cost-effectively reach the long-neglected physician “tail” segment.
Special Guest Presentation Speaker:
Craig DeLarge (LinkedIn Profile), Associate Director, eMarketing & Relationship Marketing at Novo Nordisk Inc.
Title: Life Sciences Profiles of Color
DeLarge will speak present the Life Science Profiles of Color Project, the goals of which are to encourage and offer guidance to young people seeking to achieve success in the life sciences industry and to highlight the contribution of people of color in the life sciences.
- 8:30 PM to 9:15 PM: Dessert and Structured/Unstructured Networking
- Networking Dance Card Contest: All attendees will be given a “dance card” at the door. This card lists all the names of attendees with interests similar to those you selected during the registration process. The goal is to meet as many of the people on the dance card as possible and obtain their initials. If you meet with the minimum number of people indicated on your card, you are eligible to enter your business card to win a $200 dollar gift certificate in a drawing.
- 9:15 PM to 9:30 PM: Closing Comments and Good Byes
There are two slots open for speakers to make a short 15 minute presentation to attendees. We are looking for:
- a guest speaker who can give attendees innovative ideas for maintaining and expanding our business contacts. 87% of potential attendees who have taken our pre-meeting survey said this kind of presentation would be useful to them for achieving their networking goals. We are also interested in a guest speaker who can update attendees about the state of the pharmaceutical industry. An ideal guest speaker would be an executive of a major pharmaceutical or biotech company. You do NOT have to be a sponsor to be a guest speaker. And dinner is on us!
- a sponsored speaker highlighting a product or service that attendees can use to expand or improve their businesses. 66% of potential attendees who have taken our pre-meeting survey said this kind of presentation would be useful to them for achieving their networking goals. See the Sponsor Information page for more information on becoming a Premier Event Sponsor.
* If you wish to be a speaker at this event please contact:
Comments and Highlights from Previous Events
Year: 2006 * Attendees: 105
- “It was an enjoyable event, I also always learn something and most of all any networking event is what you the individual make of it and how comfortable you are at the art of networking.” -Bill Amberg
- “The evening was great, the food was wonderful, and it was well organized. We received a lot of positive response and requests to contact individuals for projects. Its gotten better every year and Im sure next year will be no exception.” -Jerry Mauder
- “We enjoyed the dinner and sponsorship and look forward to more opportunities to participate.” -Stephen M. Carnevale
- “Thanks again for putting on a great party! We definitely met some very nice people and a few interesting contacts that may lead to future business.” -Richard Shapiro
- “I got a chance to meet some interesting people and talk about social media technology in healthcare.” -Fard Johnmar
Year: 2005 * Attendees: 69
- “I enjoyed the dinner last night… I made at least two good contacts, one of which might even have a job lead for me.”
- “I enjoyed the event last night. First class!” “Thanks for letting me know about your networking session. “A good time was had by all” Your wife was lovely!”
- “Hi John – good to see you at the networking dinner tonite…..it was a great event and I enjoyed meeting/reacquainting with people.”
- “This is the first event like this I have attended where the food was actually served hot!”
- “Just wanted to thank you for putting together the event on Wednesday. Everything was great–I made some contacts and met some really nice and knowledgeable people.”
- “The atmosphere and the food were great. I also made several good contacts at the event and learned a lot. Looking forward to the next one.”
Year: 2004 * Attendees: 47
Be sure to join us in 2008!